Kielder Bible Study Group
Shining the light of Jesus around our Community and the World
Christianity is about relationships - Jesus highlights this as Our relationship with God and with other people Matthew 22:37-40
So who was/is Jesus? (In a nutshell)
- Jesus was and is the Son of God - not just a good religious teacher who lived around 2000 years ago
- As the Son of God He is unique and has the authority to forgive sins, and has said that one day He would judge the world
- Jesus is widely accepted by both Christians and non Christians alike as the supreme example of a selfless life
- Jesus conquered death - It is recorded that He was seen by over 500 people after His resurrection, before ascending to heaven. There is a lot of external evidence for the resurrection not just in the Bible. Some of this can be found on Josh McDowell's site
- Jesus came to earth to die for us "He came to give his life as a ransom for many" Mark 10:45
- Why did Jesus have to die - because someone has to pay the penalty for all the things we have done wrong. The wages of sin is death Romans 6:23
- Jesus gives us Freedom from fear, guilt, addiction and even death as it becomes the gateway to heaven
- Some helpful links - Alpha Church of Scotland United Reformed Church
Whats the catch? - There is none. All you have to do is ask God to forgive you for all the wrong things you have done and believe that Jesus died on the cross, came back to life and now gives the free gift of forgiveness, freedom and His Spirit.
We don't have all the answers but we try to explore what the Bible is saying now - trying to understand God's message to us.